Local manufacturer looking for a detailed, highly motivated individual for a production position in our facility.
The typical duties for this position include:
- Responsible for the operation of various CNC controlled machines to produce the job specific parts used by our facility.
- (3) spindle automated drill line
- Plasma / Oxy fuel burn table
- 325 ton press brake
- Angle and flat bar processor
- 60 degree miter saw
- You will be trained and expected to learn how to diagnose any machine issues that may arise, or perform “manual” programming functions as needed
- Adhere to all Quality standards and documentation requirements
- Basic blueprint reading skills
- Proficient use of a tape measure along with shop math skills
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, including but not limited to grinders, sanders, drills, and manual hand tools
- Comfortable adapting to learning new things in a fast paced setting
We are willing to train any individual willing to put forth the effort to learn the skills desired by showing up for work every day, on time, to be a successful team member.
The above duties are not all-inclusive; additional general duties in other parts of our plant will be assigned as needed.
This is a full-time M-F position with MANDATORY overtime as needed. We offer great pay, paid Holidays, and paid vacations. We also offer a complete benefit package (401k Plan, health, life, dental, S/T and L/T disability) that includes a “relaxed” work environment with flexible shift start times.
This is not just a welding job, but a fabrication job. You will be required to take the material given and the blueprints at hand and fabricate entire assemblies with little supervision. One day may entail simple beams and columns, the next might be a staircase, steel bins, or other large weldments.
- using flux cored wire (must be able to pass state certification)
- knowledgeable in the use of grinders, cutting torches, drills, saws, and basic hand tools
- proficient use of a tape measure along with shop math skills
- using overhead cranes and forklifts
- some form of blueprint reading skills are a must
- maintaining your assigned welding equipment when time permits
- keeping your fabrication bay organized to maintain efficient operations
Preference will be given to those with 2 – 4 years of fabrication experience using flux cored wire, OR who have a technical diploma / degree in the welding field.
The above duties are not all-inclusive, but a representation of day-to-day responsibilities for the position.
- ability to lift 50 pounds on a consistent basis
- work on your feet for 8 - 10 hours per shift
- work M-F with MANDATORY overtime as required
Nimsgern Steel offers competitive pay based on experience, paid Holidays, and paid vacation. We also offer a complete benefit package (401k Plan, health, life, dental, S/T and L/T disability) that includes a “relaxed” work environment with flexible shift start times.